Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Doggie Treat Gum Ball Machine

I stumbled across the idea for these adorable gum ball-inspired jars after scouring the internet, looking for a way I could design a cute container for dog treats.

Cheech, my beloved 8 year-old Jackuahua (that's half Jack Russell and half Chihuahua) is a lover of all treats - really, what dog isn't??  And so, with him in mind I set out to make these jars.

They're actually quite simple to make and the total cost was around $5 or $6 (if you buy the material at a dollar discount store.) The base of the jar is a flower pot turned upside down. Make sure you get a flower pot with a matching saucer as this will become the lid to your jar.  I found a small fish bowl and placed the saucer on top of the fish bowl to make sure that it would fit nicely as a lid.  I also purchased a wood knob, painted it black and adhered it to the saucer to make lifting the lid easier.  Add some glue, decorative stickers and ribbon and voila - you're done.  


No comments:

Post a Comment